BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
If you are looking for a career opportunity, want to give meaning to your professional achievements and contribute to making the world a better place by playing a part in international development, and are passionate about social media, the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is the place for you!
IDRC is home to people who share a passion for international development research. We look for employees who believe that knowledge and innovation can help solve the world’s most critical challenges.
Come join our team and help us build a more sustainable and inclusive world!
Our employment opportunity of the moment: Social Media Officer
Ottawa (Hybrid Mode*)
Take a minute to see if your profile fits IDRC:
- A University degree (preferred) in communications, journalism, public relations or in a specialization related to the position OR an acceptable combination of education, training, and experience in social media and communications.
- Proficiency in French and English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Minimum of three years of recent experience in social media experience which includes monitoring, analyzing, and replying to inquiries, providing expert support and advice on approaches and responses, publishing on various social media platforms.
- An in-depth understanding of IDRC’s mandate, its activities, and the environment in which it operates.
- An enhanced knowledge of social media platforms, tools, reporting methodologies and best practices.
- Aligned with the IDRC’s culture and value statements: At IDRC we are respectful, intentional and accountable.
- A skilled communicator with professional social media writing, editing and publishing skills.
- Competent in planning, organizing, coordinating, and problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure using your initiative, creativity and sound judgment.
- Competent in analyzing, multitasking and time managing.
- A team player within a multidisciplinary group of people from diverse cultures.
You are interested in:
- Preparing, refining, scheduling, and publishing social media content in support of campaigns and other communications activities.
- Leading social media monitoring activities, providing updates, advice, and guidance to Communications Division staff, as well as triaging incoming social media comments and messages and coordinating responses.
- Generating, monitoring, gathering, and interpreting social media analytics, reporting on the effectiveness IDRC’s corporate social media channels and strategies.
- Acting as a Centre of Expertise for social media across the Centre, providing training, advice and guidance as needed to colleagues within and outside the Communications Division.
- Joining an organization that values and models diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Then we are interested in your profile!
At IDRC, we support your professional development.
For more details on the primary duties and responsibilities, view Job Details.
* Hybrid Mode: Have the flexibility to work in hybrid mode (Minimum 3 days out of 10 in the office).
As a result of this process, the Centre may establish a pool of pre-qualified candidates for future permanent and term opportunities.