Students are cordially invited to apply for the Margaret McNamara Education Grants for the academic year 2023–2024 by the University of Johannesburg.
Students must be enrolled in school full- or part-time to qualify for the grant award. Applications from female students from a select group of nations who intend to continue their education at the University of Johannesburg are welcome for this program. Most likely, the grant recipient’s educational expenses will be covered by the grant award.
Johannesburg is home to the University of Johannesburg, a public university in South Africa. On January 1st, 2005, it was established. Right now, this university ranks second in Africa and first in South Africa. One of the best research universities in the world, as well.
What advantages do you see in attending the University of Johannesburg? The University of Johannesburg is a complete university that provides students with education on the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual sides of today’s working world, community, and family life during their whole academic careers.
Students of all faiths are urged to apply to the university in order to pursue the main objectives of the organization, which are to support people’s search for purpose and satisfaction.
ABOUT MARGARET MCNAMARA EDUCATION GRANTS
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Johannesburg
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree
- Award: The grant award will cover educational costs
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Women from eligible developing countries (as listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List)
- The award can be taken in South Africa
Scholarship benefits: The Margaret McNamara Education Grants will cover educational costs for exceptional female students from eligible developing countries who are pursuing a degree at the University of Johannesburg.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for Margaret McNamara Education Grants, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Hold a study permit for South Africa if applying from an eligible country other than South Africa.
- Be registered (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting their application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the MMEG grant;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member, spouse, retiree, or MMEG Board member;
STEPS FOR APPLICATION
How to Apply: Applicants should visit the MMEG website and submit an online application between May 15 and September 14, including supporting documents and two reference letters.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Identification (ID) card with photo
- Most recent proof of official registration from the university (not an acceptance letter)
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within current passport (if studying outside home country)
- Second passport page with a clear photo (in case of dual citizenship)
- Brief paragraphs describing the personal story, and how studies, experiences, and future plans are linked to a commitment to women and children in developing countries
- An estimate of financial situation, including living expenses, for the coming academic year, and planned strategies to cover funding needs
- A summary of the thesis (if applicable), including its objective, methodology, and findings, and relationship to career goals.
Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the university’s academic and entry requirements.
Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6 (undergraduate)
- TOEFL – 80-104 (undergraduate)
- IELTS – 7 (postgraduate)
- TOEFL – 105-120 (postgraduate)
INTERESTED APPLICANT SHOULD APPLY HERE