For the academic year 2023–2024, the University of Twente is creating an international PhD position in hollow fiber membrane development. The scholarship program is especially accessible to international students who want to enroll in the university’s PhD program.
IIn the Netherlands, there is a prominent research center called the University of Twente. In 1961, the university was established. It offered a range of academic programs leading to degrees and was listed among the top 400 universities in the world. One of the top public universities in the Netherlands is the University Twente (UT), a public technical college that is ranked 197th in the QS Global World Rankings for 2021.
Its clear goal is to build a university of technology with a focus on people, where community participation is sought after and welcomed through fair compromises.
Why should I enroll at University of Twente? The demanding academic standards and busy schedules at UT give researchers the chance to develop their social and intellectual capacities.
The university offers a top-notch education with a focus on teamwork and collaborative project work in a unique and informal environment. Students will graduate from this program with a solid understanding of different cultures and plenty of job prospects.
ABOUT HOLLOW FIBER MEMBRANE DEVELOPMENT
- Application Deadline: 20 June 2023
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: Earth Observation Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,541 – € 3,247
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- You will receive a gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.541,- to € 3.247,-.
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 232 leave hours in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid).
- You will have a training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision.
- An inspiring multidisciplinary and challenging international and academic environment. The UT offers a fun and dynamic environment with enthusiastic colleagues where collaboration with other researchers is stimulated.
- As a PhD student at UT, you will be appointed to a full-time position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year.
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU).
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for Hollow Fiber Membrane Development, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You have, or will shortly, acquire a master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably with distinction (or international equivalent) in chemical engineering, materials engineering, chemistry or a related field.
- You are creative and have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Students must bring good team spirit and like to work in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented environment.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have a background in membrane technology, polymer chemistry, or materials synthesis.
- Students must have prior experience with experimental skills, ideally including membrane fabrication and characterization techniques.
- You have knowledge or proven practical programming experience in Python, and/or MATLAB or are highly motivated to learn such.
Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in PhD research project subject offered by the University of Twente.
STEPS FOR APPLICATION
How to Apply: Interested students are required to complete the online application form from the university and confirm their enrolment in the university. The accepted applicants will be considered. No separate application for the opportunity is required.
Supporting Documents: A motivation letter (maximum two pages of A4) emphasizing their specific interest, qualifications, and motivations to apply for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae (including contact information for at least two academic references)
Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold relevant bachelor’s degree certification to support their master’s application and secure admission at the University of Twente.
Language Requirement: Candidates are proficient in written and spoken
INTERESTED APPLICANT SHOULD APPLY HERE